Located at 2 Huayuanshan and built in 1888, the chapel of the Canossian Daughters of Charity has a history of over 120 years. This historic structure features classic Western style architecture. It is now home to the Xu Shiming Art Gallery.
The one-story chapel, which was constructed using wood and brick, covers an area of about 150 square meters. Built on the top of a hill, it offers a broad view. It was initially constructed for the nuns to pray together; for this reason, outside visitors were forbidden to enter.
The porch protrudes with a pediment at its head, and it is distinguished by its bilateral symmetry. The door, defined by an arch with a spire on top, stands beneath a decorative, triangular wall. All of the windows are long and arched. The east-facing chapel has a rectangular hall which has ceilings that are over 4 meters high. The altar used to be located on the western end, and there was once a statue of the resurrected Jesus in the middle and statues of St. Joseph and St. Mary on the sides.