Located at Huayuanshan, this church was initially the Curia of the Wuchang Apostolic Prefecture. It became the Curia of the Wuchang Apostolic Vicariate in July, 1930. It was elevated to Diocesan Curia of the Wuchang Diocese in 1946, and it has maintained this status ever since.
A grandiose wood and brick building located at 2 Huayuanshan, the south-facing Diocesan Curia is a two-story structure with a basement below; its shape is somewhat concave and similar to the Chinese character "凸." It is distinguished by its bilateral symmetry, protruding center section, and its Western-style three-section facade. There is also a veranda which gives this classic building a sense of solemnity and simplicity.
On a triangular decorative wall located at the center of the building, there is a clock which is flanked by two triangle patterns with holes at their centers. This style echoes the decorative styles of the Holy Family Church nearby.
These classrooms, which are still in use, once belonged to the Major Seminary of the Apostolic Vicariate of Eastern Hubei, what was once called Chongzheng Academy.
In the two wings of the building, there are two spacious galleries, along which are classrooms and offices of all sizes. At the end of the building, there is a narrow wooden staircase that gives you a real sense of the building's long history.
Two bishops, Vincenzo Epiphane Carlassare O.F.M., who designed the church, and his successor Graziano Génnaro, a member of the Franciscan Order, died in this building in 1906 and in 1923 respectively.