HOME >> Facilities

Jianghan Customs Museum

The Jianghan Customs House (also known as |"Hankou Customs House"), one of the landmarks of Wuhan, capital of central China’s Hubei Province. It is located in the junction of Jianghan Road and Yanjiang Avenue.

Hankou Customs was founded in November 1681 due to treaties between Qing Dynasty government and British government. On January 21, 1924, Jianghan Customs House was founded. It has a total area of 1,499 quare meters, with area of structure 4,099 quare meters. It has height of 46.3 meters, and the top of bell tower is 83.8 meter above ground level, thus made it the highest building in Wuhan at that time.

It is listed Historical and Cultural Site Protected at the National Level in 2001.

Now, it was re-opened and renamed "Jianghan Customs Museum", on December 28,2015.

The three-story museum occupies an area of 4,359 square meters, 2,300 square meters of which are for exhibits. Currently, there are 500 historical artifacts on display.

The Jianghan Customs Museum is open every day, except for Mondays, from 9 A.M. to 5 P.M.

Related:

Hankow Customs House Museum to open in 2015

Jianghan Customs House, which has a history of 91 years, will be transformed into Hankow Customs House Museum, an educational base for socialism with Chinese characteristics in Wuhan. >>more